Pages

.


.


Crock Pot Brown Sugar Chicken

views the best pictures

Now that I am busy during the day with College the need for quick and easy crock pot dishes is needed now more than ever.  I originally seen this over at a Year of Slow Cooking.  Don't you just love her site?  She challenged herself to use her crock pot (some time ago) every day of the year.  Such bravery with young children in the house.  With each recipe she would come back to and tell you the verdict so you can weed out the stellar ideas from the not so great ones.

This recipe, titled Crock Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken, happens to originally come from Food.com back in 2002.  I realize that you sure do not need me to re-invent this wheel but I am going to go ahead and post this anyhow because I would like to have a complete resource of recipes we enjoy on this site.  This means my children really did enjoy this dish THAT much!

The final result reminds of of an Asian dish and BEGS for some pineapple and fresh bell pepper diced up. Though my kids would not have eaten it had I done that.  I really liked the idea because you could easily use the cheaper cuts of chicken with good results.  The final result turns out a wonderfully caramelized chicken thigh.  Don't let the name turn you off, its not too sweet.  It is the perfect balance.  Go ahead, give it a try.  I promise you won't be disappointed.


1 cup Brown Sugar
8 pieces of Chicken Thighs
1/4 cup Lemon Lime Soda
2/3 cup Vinegar (white)
2-3 Tablespoons Garlic
2 Tablespoons La Choy GF Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Pepper


  • Place chicken parts on the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot.
  • Add remaining 6 ingredients.
  • Still it up a bit.
  • Set crock pot on high for 4 hours. (my crock pot has a set it and then switches to warm feature which is a great idea for a dish like this.  It cooks up really quick and tends to fall apart at the 6 hour setting)



Other Great folks who also posted this recipe:
A Year of Slow Cooking (Crock Pot Brown Sugar Recipe)
Food.com recipe # 16531 (Crock Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Recipe)


No comments:

Post a Comment