Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of October 17th, 2011

views the best pictures


This week I broke down.  I was so upset.  Sometimes having a child who's very livelihood depends on feeding him/her a certain way is more than I can bear.  Especially in this tiny town where you can find only a tiny portion of products to get by.  As some of you may know, I am going back to school and time to make everything from scratch is no longer always an option.  I started to have our local foods store "order" some convenience foods such as Udi's rolls, bread, pizza crust and Applegate Farms Chicken Nuggets.  At first I would immediately purchase the whole case because I did not want the store owner to be "stuck" with the products that nobody else wanted.  As time went on and we found other Celiacs in town I started to realize that leaving some for the other folks who were as needy as we were for such products would definitely be a good thing.  After all, helping other Celiacs is what I do, right?

Fast forwarding to this week.....Chicken nuggets are a big must have item around here since this is what both of my children eat for lunch most days.  I ordered a case of nuggets from my whole food store and waited the two weeks.  She had enough on hand to get us by so everything was fine. One day I walk in and the lady behind the counter says your nuggets are in (in her usual excited happy tone).  I look and there are no nuggets.  Apparently there is a newly diagnosed kid in town.  This person or this person's parent came in and purchased every last box of the nuggets and did not even leave one box for us to "get us by".

Have you ever watched Extreme Couponing on TV?  Those ladies say, "Well you should have beat me to the store".  Yuck.  That is wrong on so many levels.  Especially when you have kids involved.  I broke down, feeling crushed and heartbroken for a few hours.  I know, pick yourself up and dust off already.  There are whole food options.  Make your own nuggets! OK, fine.  In the mean time, I need to find myself other ways to purchase the foods I need because the availability of gluten free foods has become cut throat in my tiny town.  :-(

Monday:
Tuesday:

Wednesday:
Chicken Nuggets at Church
I am going to serve the men Oatmeal Parmesan Crusted Chicken
with Mac and Cheese

Thursday:
Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Gravy,

Friday:

Saturday (to the Zoo):
Packed Lunches 
Chili and Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

Sunday:
Tinkyada Spaghetti, Meatballs
tossed Green Salad and Garlic Bread 
made using leftover Cheese Rolls


Be inspired! Head on over to my favorite Menu Planner at CeliacFamily.com.
She is the new host of Gluten Free Menu Planning.
Or Orgjunkie.com and read her Menu Plan Monday linkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment