Pages

.


.


Crock Pot Kielbasa Bean Soup

views the best pictures

Once upon a time, on a cold winter weekend I decided to have soup for lunch/dinner.  It was too snowy and cold to go outside so I asked my friend for suggestions.  She sent me a variety of suggestions including her Kielbasa Bean Soup recipe.  I wanted to use what I had so what I ended up doing was butchering her dear sweet recipe.  I am sure it would have been great just the way it was, I just did not feel like going out! Plus....I have this problem following recipes as written.  Im a mad scientist recipe follower after all!!

Funny story, my friend lost her recipe and asked me to send it back to her.  I did so, only the newest version had red cross outs and red additions all over the page.  It literally looked like I bled all over it.  She laughed and suggested I post this recipe since it no longer looks anything like hers!  So, here it is.  Our families favorite soup.

My soup actually does not look like this (remember I butchered the recipe?)
I will return later in the week with my own picture.


56 ounces (7 cups) or Chicken Broth (4 cans can be used)
16 ounces Hillshire Farms Kielbasa, diced
15 ounce can Bushes Navy Beans
14.5 ounce Del Monte Canned Tomatos, with juice, Petite Diced
1 bag frozen Mirepoix Blend Frozen Vegetables
1 cup Frozen Spinach
1 large Onion, quartered and sliced thin
1 teaspoon Thyme
1 cup Cream
4 Herb Ox Bouillon Cubes


  • Mix Stock, Kielbasa, Beans, Mirepoix Vegetable Blend, Onion, Thyme and Bouillon cubes in crock pot.
  • Cover and cook on low-high heat setting for at least 6 hours or until beans are tender.
  • Stir in Tomatoes, Spinach and cream.
  • Cover and cook on high setting until heated through, about 15 minutes more.


I will posting this recipe to:






No comments:

Post a Comment