Pages

.


.


How to Doctor a Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix

views the best pictures

How to Doctor a Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix.

This recipe is moist and delicious, wonderfully enhanced.  I have been making my Betty Crocker Yellow Cake mix this way for so long, I have no idea why I never posted it.  Maybe because it disappears as fast as I make it and I never end up snapping a picture.  I must confess though, I originally was inspired by this recipe from a "version" of this on a blog somewhere, it had 5 eggs, one extra yolk.  I am so sorry I never could find that source again to credit them. They are pure creative genius.

I first tried Betty Crocker yellow boxed cake mix when I just started going gluten free and regular gluten filled cakes were still fresh in my mind.  I was turned off by the graininess of the cakes.  I am sorry Betty, I mean no disrespect.  I am truly grateful that this mix exists and is main stream.  I just needed to work with it like I do everything else.  It's a sort of a flaw of mine, I know. I set out to doctor up the cake mix to suite my taste.  What I ended up with is good.  Very good.  When I make it for birthdays nobody realizes it is Gluten Free.  It's hysterical how self declared anti-gluten eating folks gobble this up and never realize what they just had WAS gluten free.  Tee hee, makes me giggle in delight.


1 box of Betty Crocker's Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
1 3.4 ounce box of Vanilla pudding
1/3 cup Sugar
3/4's cup of Orange Juice
1/2 cup Oil
4 eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray Olive Oil onto two 8-inch baking pans.
  • In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin powder, sugar, juice, oil, eggs and vanilla. 
  • Beat on low speed for 3 minutes or until incorporated. 
  • Pour equally into two greased 8-inch round baking pans. 
  • Bake at 350° for about 35-37 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. 
  • Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

Notes:
Betty Crocker Gluten Free cake mixes made according to the package instructions only makes a ONE layer cake. With the increased ingredients of this recipe, you can get two 8" layers out of one box!  See:


I will posting this recipe to:




No comments:

Post a Comment