Pages

.


.


How to Doctor a Gluten Free Cake Mix ~ Part 2

views the best pictures

How to Doctor a Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix.

Have you been on pinterest lately?  Well I love this new way of recipe surfing.  You cover so much more ground than trying to find ideas the old fashioned search way.  I found this blog titled KevinandAmanda.com.  Love the photography on that blog.  I found a pin on how to doctor up a Cake mix and got lost in her photography of the luscious chocolate cake.  I love this idea too.  Not a new idea, I understand but her pictures are so convincing!  It made me realize that I never posted my own recipe for enhanced chocolate cake.  So here it is.....my version of How to Doctor up a Cake Mix, the gluten free edition.


1 Box of Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
1 3.8 ounce box of Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
4 Eggs, room temperature
1 cup Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray Olive Oil onto two 8-inch baking pans.
  • In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin powder, butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla. 
  • Beat on low speed for 3 minutes or until incorporated. 
  • Pour equally into two greased 8-inch round baking pans. 
  • Bake at 350° for about 35-37 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. 
  • Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

Notes:

Betty Crocker Gluten Free cake mixes made according to the package instructions only makes a ONE layer cake. With the increased ingredients of this recipe, you can get two 8" layers out of one box! See:

No comments:

Post a Comment