Pages

.


.


Gluten Free Hamburger Bun Recipe

views the best pictures

See bottom for a tip on having Quick Fresh Gluten Free Baked Rolls two days in a row

I have not explored much into the realm of mixing my own gluten free flour.  I heavily rely on Pamela's Mix for my baking needs.  I find bread made from Pamela's mix surprisingly delicious when fresh. When I occasionally do mix my own flour blend, it is usually for cake products.  I like to use high nutrient grains that allow my product to be moist and tender.  I will usually mix up Tapioca flour, Potato Flour, Rice Flour, Surghum flour and millet.  I am more of a mad scientist four mixer right now and have no real method.  So for now, I am going to tell you about Pamela's.

I will never forget the first time I baked myself a fresh loaf of bread made from Pamela's Amazing Wheat Free and Gluten Free Bread Mix.  It had been over 3 months since I had any bread at all but the taste of wheat bread was still fresh in my memory.  I left for the evening with the hot loaf cooling on the rack.  When I returned and made a sandwich, I was so overjoyed.  Sadly though, like all gluten free bread, it does not keep well.

Add Batter to Pan
Smooth with Oiled Hand


Risen Dough

Golden and Delicious


Mostly they turn out smooth topped but this nice crackly look reminds me of Kaiser Rolls!


I like to have hamburgers on the menu for dinner occasionally. When that happens, I will whip up a batch of hamburger buns.  Sounds super crazy homemaker lady-ish I know.  Something maybe most folks do not have time to do.  It is really not that hard with Gluten free baking.  The whole process from start to in the oven to rise takes only 5 ingredients and 7 minutes.  I have done it so many times now I can tell you the ingredients by heart.  In my 2 cups measuring cup I am going to add (in this order):

2 room temperature eggs (or refrigerated eggs warmed in some warm water)
1/4 cup Oil
Warm Water (110 degrees) - enough to make 2 cups liquid measure
1 packet of Rapid Rise Yeast
1 teaspoon Sugar

Mix well and let yeast proof.

Turn oven on to lowest setting (170 to 200 degrees).  Once it beeps telling you the oven is preheated, turn the oven off.

Add:

3 1/2 cups  Bread Mix

Into your stand mixer bowl with whip attachment.  Leave to whip 4 or 5 minutes.  Look at your dough and make sure it is not too dry.  It should not all stick up into the whipping paddle.  Add up to 2 tablespoons of additional water as necessary.

Place heaping teaspoons full of dough onto muffin top pan.
Smooth out dough with oiled hands.  When smoothed out, you will have just slightly more than the well for the batter.

Set pan of rolls into oven to rise for 1 hour.  Meanwhile, start on other dinner tasks.  Once risen,

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

TIP:


Don't bake all the batter at once.  Bake half and leave the rest in the fridge overnight.  The next day you will have fresh made  dough to pop in the oven. It works out just as well. I like to take this opportunity to have fresh baked rolls for school lunches.

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment