Pages

.


.


Copy Cat Earl of Sandwich Pizza Sandwich Recipe

views the best pictures

Recently during our Disney World vacation, we had the pleasure of dining at the Earl of Sandwich restaurant.  It is located in Downtown Disney and you can use your Quick Service Dining credits for this location as well.  My son fell in love with their Pizza Sandwich.  This concept is not a new one, it is like making pizza on rolls.  It is, however, the first time we have seen it made like a sandwich.  It is a hot sandwich made open face and put though the broiler.  Once the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp on the outside it is placed together like a sandwich. As soon as I came home, I knew I had to duplicate this recipe for my son.  Our plan is to take it out of the oven and place two sides together.  We will let the sandwich cool slightly, wrap it in foil and send it to school as lunch so my son can have something warm and delicious.

I'm using fresh baked Gluten Free rolls but your options are endless.  You can use bread and your George Foreman Grill or Panini Maker.




1 half batch of Roll Batter
2 Tablespoons of Super Secret Tomato Sauce (recipe to follow
1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese


  • First, I used my second day rolls as suggested HERE.  I just took the batter out of the refrigerator and baked them up at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Leave oven on.
  • Leave rolls on cooling rack for a few minutes while you assemble other ingredients.  
  • Slice open the rolls and add a tablespoon of tomato sauce to both sides.
  • Sprinkle on cheese to both sides (careful not to over do it or the sandwich will be sloppy).
  • Bake in oven on a vented pan (see pic above) for 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until roll is crisp and cheese is melted.

I'm going to share this recipe with:


Print

No comments:

Post a Comment