Pages

.


.


Wonderful Carrot Cake Recipe

views the best pictures



http://my-extraordinary-life.blogspot.com/2010/08/lunch-box-experiment-part-3-back-to.html


Occasionally we get the chance to eat at a buffet restaurant.  The best part is always the dessert table.  Everything you could possibly want, all there to choose.  What would my children choose for  dessert?  Why carrot cake of course! This seems odd to me.  I would think ice cream would be first.

Carrot cake is our family favorite cake of all time and is often the cake of choice at birthdays and special occasions around here.  The owner of this recipe is a lady I worked with named Linda.  She would bring this cake in for birthdays if you were on her very special friends list.  I had the privilege of eating a slice once and immediately begged for the recipe.  I have had Carrot Cake before.  It was good, sure.  But I never ate Carrot Cake until I tried Linda's recipe.  It "opened" my eyes to what good cake should taste like.

Batter going in the oven.
Fresh out of the Oven











Its not a great pic I know.  My son decorated it.  :-)


2 cups Sugar
3/4 cup Oil
1/2 cup Yogurt
4 eggs
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Chopped Pecans
3 cups grated Carrots

Optional (my add ins, not Linda's):
1 cup Coconut
1 cup Pineapple

Combine Sugar, oil and yogurt.

Add eggs and beat until combined.

Add all dry ingredients.  Mix well.

Mix in carrots and nuts.

Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Frosting:

8 ounces Cream Cheese (Room Temp)
4 Tablespoons Butter (Room Temp)
2 cups Powdered Sugar

Whip all ingredients until well combined.  Refrigerate until ready to use.


I will be linking this post to:

No comments:

Post a Comment