Pages

.


.


Super Secret Spaghetti Sauce

views the best pictures

Inspired by Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and the fact that I have more zucchini and peppers now that I know what to do with.  I'm now stuffing it all into my tomato sauce.  If my son even suspected that this sauce had veggies in it besides tomatoes, there would be no way he would eat it.  So I'm going to puree it into oblivion and he will be none the wiser.

The pictures below I used fresh garden tomatoes. You can click here to see how I preserve those red beauties. I just de-skin and seed the tomatoes, puree them in the blender and add the tomato puree into the crock pot 3/4's of the way up.  Then toss in 3 or 4 cups of the tomatoes whole.  If you do not have fresh tomatoes, do not sweat it.  You can use canned.  I myself have used canned products in the winter.

All ingredients added to Crock Pot.  Looks nice and chunky.



Puree until smooth.  All the evidence is gone.
Notice the darker color. That is the zucchini
adding its sweetness.


1 big gallon bag of Zucchini, grated
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 large Onion, finely chopped
2 Red Peppers, finely chopped
2 Carrots, grated
1 Tablespoon Basil
1 Tablespoon Oregano
2 Tablespoons Parsley
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 12 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 12 oz. Can Tomato Paste
1 12 oz. Can Tomato Puree
1 28 oz. can Whole Tomatoes
1/2 cup Water (if using Canned Tomatoes)

  1. Add two tablespoons of oil to bottom of a large dutch oven.  Add garlic, onion, pepper and onion as well as herbs into the pot and sauté on medium low until vegetables are soft.
  2. Add all the tomato products and sauteed vegetables into crock pot and simmer on low 6 to 8 hours.
  3. Add zucchini with 3 or 4 hours remaining.

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment