Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday - Week of August 16th

views the best pictures



We are starting with school lunches this week starting Wednesday. How exciting!

Monday
Chicken Enchiladas - I'm using up the leftover sandwich petals I have along with come cooked chicken in the fridge from a great sale over the weekend.  Serving it with a new Spanish Rice recipe.

Tuesday
Leftover Beef Stroganoff - The leftover roast from last week will make a second appearance served over risotto.  Home Made Lemon Bars for Dessert (recipe to follow).

Wednesday:
Lunch: Home Made Lunchable: Low fat, low salt lunch meat and cheese cut into circles and placed on top of crackers. Pudding, cookie, drink and Clementine’s.

Dinner: Country Fried Pork Chops - Chops are pan fried with a crust and served with cream gravy. Served with Mashed Potatoes.

Thursday:
Lunch: Green Salad with Home Made Ranch Dressing, Grapes, Almonds and a brownie bite.

Dinner: Rosemary Chicken - This is one of our favorite chicken dishes and it is so simple. I’m going to marinade the chicken in Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. It leaves a wonderful dark caramelized coating on the chicken. Pan fried and served with rice.  An Extra-ordinary dessert for back to school (pics to follow).

Friday:
Lunch: Pizza Sub, sliced apples, yogurt.

Dinner: Taco Dinner: Friday is simple dinner night; we don’t need leftovers for lunches. Seems like this one keeps showing up right? Well my children love it. It is the one dish I could make over and over and I know that they will eat. And as always, I will serve it with home made refried beans.

Saturday:
Pizza – We are going to try pizza crust made from Pamela’s Bread Mix.  Served with a green salad.  Banana cake for dessert.


Sunday
Zuppe Tuscana (an Olive Garden Copycat Recipe to follow) – I love this soup. And now that I figured out how to make it at home, I like mine better! ☺ I am going to try my hand at a copy cat recipe of Udi’s Bread to go along with it.

Need more ideas:

  • Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans there.

No comments:

Post a Comment