Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday - Week of August 9th

views the best pictures



Monday
Ham Steak - Pan fried served with a pineapple sauce and Parsley Potatoes.  Pineapple Upside down Cake for dessert.

Tuesday
Sirloin Roast - Marinaded in red wine and spices and baked to perfection.  Serve with Mashed Potatoes.

Wednesday:
Twice Baked Pork Chops - Chops are pan fried with a crust and then left to marinade in the oven until tender in a lovely white wine and cream of mushroom sauce .  Served with Rice a Roni and Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Friday:
Gnocchi - Soft and tender potato dumplings that my kids just adore.  I love to serve this with a meat sauce.  This time I'm going to start with my super secret tomato sauce (recipe to follow) which is jam packed with summer Zucchini and veggies and pureed into oblivion.  Then I'll add some ground pork.  I'm going to try my hand at Gluten Free Garlic Sticks.  Well see how that works out.

Saturday:
Hot Dogs - We love the new Oscar Mayer Angus without nitrites (<- click there for coupon).  The flavor is good and I am lulled into what might be a false sense of security with the no nitrites thing.  They still have it, it is just from celery instead of man made.   Served with Baked Beans or sugar beans are what I called them in order to get my kids to eat them.  No hot dog buns for us, have not figured out Gluten Free hot dog buns yet.  We currently wrap the dogs in bread.  I'm going to eventually try this pan with a french bread recipe to keep the dough light.  I'm betting it will be a raging success!  Home Made Ice Cream for Dessert.

Sunday
Pizza - Thank you Heather my friend, for pointing me to this "Chebe bread" recipe.  It is so awesome for pizza.  One of these days I want to add the additional baking powder and try the bread as a pita.  Make the lunchable size pizza and use them for School Lunches too!  I'll serve this with a tossed salad.

Need more ideas:
  • Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans there.
  • Heather at CeliacFamily.com is hosting Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week.  Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness manages the headquarters of Gluten-Free Menu Swap. There you will find the rules, the current and upcoming schedule, and links to past roundups.

No comments:

Post a Comment