Pages

.


.


The Lunch Box Experiment

views the best pictures


Last year when my son was in school he would occasionally pack his lunch.  When that happened he would always want me to include a paper plate to eat off of.  This year my youngest child with allergies will start school so I plan to pack every day for the both of them.  I started to think about a better solution to the paper plate issue.  A greener solution.

I really like the looks of some of those "other" 3 compartment lunch box systems.  The first thing I do with any purchase is try to source items locally.  I want to keep my business in my local community.  So I typed in the Google search engine, "3 compartment container".

Did you know that Ziploc is also BPA and Dioxin free?  I did not realize that at first. I also did not know that they too offer a 3 compartment container.  Both containers have a #5 recycle number on them. I would love to know how Ziploc containers compare thickness wise to that other lunchbox system.  I would also like to know if the other containers are as liquid secure as the Ziploc snap to lock containers. But that will have to wait until another time.  How sturdy will Ziploc be?  I myself have had some of those Ziploc throw away/keep containers for years so I'm not too worried about that.

I set out to find a good sale at our local store and along with my Ziploc coupons found on the Right at Home web site for $1.50 off 2 products (I printed THIS coupon).  The 2 pack of containers were $4 at Walmart.  $8 for two packs minus the $1.50 coupon.  $6.50 for 4 or $1.62 each.

See the fit in there perfectly without turning them sideways.
Plust there is still plenty of room for drinks and snacks.



Kmart : 
Arctic Zone on sale for $5.00

Target:
Embart on sale for $7.00

Total Spent: $18.50.


Stick around and watch me compare the two products in detail.  I will also be hosting a lunchbox related giveaway.



I will be posting this to:

No comments:

Post a Comment