Pages

.


.


The Lunch Box Experiment - Part 2 - Lunch Ideas for Kids

views the best pictures

The Lunch Box Experiment - Part 2


Looking for a Lunch Recipe or two? Well quick and easy Lunch Recipes are on my mind.  We are headed back to school this week and I do not want my kids to have an ordinary lunch.  I want them to have an Extraordinary Lunch.
I want their lunch to look good, I want them to have a lunch box they enjoy looking at and carrying and I want them to actually enjoy the lunches I pack.

I am also gearing up for a lunch box review and giveaway.  Be on the look out next week as I have my kids put the various kinds of compartmental lunch boxes to the test.  But lets get back to inside the lunch box. Today I'm sharing some of my kids favorites.  This is my daughter's first year of school and I really feel the need to have some posted ideas.  As in posted, I mean right there on the fridge.  See:


What is really important though is that the foods you pack are foods your child will eat.  The nutrition is really not going to do them any good unless they actually eat it.  If I pack my son a "new" food in a lunch box, he would rather starve than eat.  From what I learned, new vegetables cut out in cute shapes still come home in the box uneaten!  So make a list of what your child likes.

In case you can't read my board, here is my list of lunch ideas below:

Spaghetti & Sauce to dip
PB&J (on bread or pancakes)
Broccoli, Potato and Cheese Soup
Hot Dogs and Beans
Lunchable Style Mini Pizza's
Salad and Dressing
Home Made Lunchables
Pizza Sandwiches
Chicken Salad in Pita Pockets
Chicken Nuggets (Ian's)
Tuna with Chips or Crackers to scoop
Swedish Meatballs
Chicken Wings
Bagel with Cream Cheese
Tortilla Chips and Dip


Sides:
Jello (making my own and cutting cute shapes)
Pudding 
Cookies
Brownie Bites
Fruit Leather 
Gummy Bears (yummy earth)
Yogurt covered Pretzels
Yogurt
Cheese Stick
Almonds
Meat Stick Snack
Popped Corn
Pretzels
Clementine’s
Carrots/dip
Celery/dip
Grapes
Apples

Bananas

Do you have any great ideas to share? Did I forget anything? I would love it if you left me a comment and let me know.



Some Extraordinary Links with Lunch Ideas for Kids:



Edited:
I found another link suggestion this morning.  Click HERE for a list of Allergy Free lunch ideas.  

Oh, and before I forget.  If you happened to miss Part One of my Lunch Box Experiment Series, be sure to check it out HERE.


 I will be posting this to:








Print


Click Image:

http://my-extraordinary-life.blogspot.com/2010/08/lunch-box-experiment-part-3-back-to.html

No comments:

Post a Comment