Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of August 30, 2010

views the best pictures

We ended up with company over the weekend and never got to the plans for those days.  I sat the children down and asked THEM what they wanted for lunch this week.  The suggestions I got were as follows:

  • Pizza (son only)
  • Breaded Chicken Patty Sandwich
  • Chicken Nuggets
  • Home Made Luncheables
  • Salad (daughter only)
  • Corn Chips and Cheese Dip


Monday:
We found a new sausage at Sam's Club.  It's called Mozzarella & Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage.  It says Gluten free right on the front of the package, which I love, and looks wonderful.  I will serve it on a bed of Caramelized Peppers and onions and home made Rice a Roni on the side.  Pineapple Upside Down Cake for dessert.

Tuesday:
Sirloin Tri-Tip Beef Roast marinaded in a peppercorn and red wine seasoning. Peanut butter Pie for dessert.  I'm going to have to use cookie crumb pie crust though.

Wednesday:
Spaghetti and Meatballs served with a loaf of fresh baked bread and a Caesar salad.  I even bought the anchovies to make the paste to put into the dressing.

Thursday:
Taco Night.  Taco night is our favorite dinner and its quick and easy.  We will be busy at Cubs all evening for back to school night.

Friday:
Pizza Night.  So far we have tried a Tapioca Starch Pizza crust, Pamela's Pizza crust and Bob's Red Mill GF pizza crust.  I think I like Pamela's the best. The tapioca and BRM both stayed chewy.  I liked the slight crunch that Pamela's baked to.   I don't think the boys like any of them but I guess gluten free is a taste you just have to get used to.  Maybe Pamela's was cooked longer that made it seem more crunchy?  I'm not sure which type we will try this time.

Saturday:
Vegetarian Asian style Fried Rice.  I would love to try my own pot Stickers using an idea I learned here.

Sunday:
I do want to get around to making the ground Turkey Meatloaf with Brown Sugar.  I have an excellent recipe that I want to blog about.


Need more ideas:

No comments:

Post a Comment